Friday, August 06, 2004

Trouble Shooting Cable Network

Yesterday, I trouble shooted a cable network. This is one place where my frustrations on a previous occation, really came in handy. Back home, in India, I was trying to connect my Laptop to the cable modem, but It simply wont work!!!. Frustrated, I called up the cable company technocal assistance (A step I try to avoid as much as possible, as I like to solve things myself), and they told me that the Cable connection has a close relation to the machine IP address it is connected to. I came to know of this fact, that many dont know.

Yesterday, that was exactly the problem. Dheeraj was not able to connect his laptop to internet, but Rohit was able to browse. If the cable modem was connected to the router, it simply wont connect to the WAN. I changed that internal MAC address of the router by cloning, and changed it to Rohit's MAC address. And there you go!!! It worked!!!. Time taken to solve the problem : 10 Minutes!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home