Sunday, September 05, 2004

A New Computer (Desktop)

Today, I bought a new computer. Well... the parts, and then, assembled. While the excitement was building up on whether the system will fire up once finished (for fear of having fried mother board/processor/memory with static), I enjoyed putting those compoments together. Finally, the comp was plugged in, and the power turned up to hear that "All OK" beep of POST. Well, but all was not OK. I got a seagate HDD (200GB) for 50$. But, was having trouble setting it up, as the factory default was NOT on master. Well, that was resolved, only to give me another BIG problem. At some time, I had unknowingly cancelled a format :). Ya :).. I did that :D. So, basically, one part of the disk was in one geometry, and the other part in some other geometry. To resolve the issue, I did a low level format, and things came good :). Thanks Patty, for helping me out with selection of components, and also, with assembling of the system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home