Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Trip To (Houston/2) by 2 - For the wrong reason

Yesterday Dheeraj and Janet came to my place to get my AAA card. Janet had an accidet, half way to Houston (exit 198), and the car had to be towed back. They tried calling the garage where the car was parked, only to find out that it was closed on Sundays. And Dheeraj had mid term exam today. He asked me whether I could go with Janet today to take the car. I agreed. I was happy that I could go.. but sad that it was for the wrong reason that Janet had an accident.

Morning, I had a Hacnet meeting, and after that, I started to Arlington, to pick up Janet. This was one of those rare times, when I did not lose way much :). Well, I reached her place by like 10:15, and then, we started our trip to exit 198. It was a long trip as the gauges showed, but for me, it was a really short ride, as we were talking about interesting stuff all the way. We talked about things ranging from the beautiful Kerala, family...etc, about our colleges, and also, about our respective research fields. Time flew by, and before we knew it, we were there at the destination. I called up AAA from there, and they informed that it will be another 60 mins before the towing veicle reaches the spot. We decided to have lunch and wait for the truck.

After some time, the truck came, and we began our journey back. I was thinking that the truck will be slowing us down, as it cannot go fast with a car... but, I was totally wrong!!!. I was finding it hard to keep up with the towing vehicle. In an hours time, we reached back Dallas!!!!. Again, the ride was really nice, with interesting conversations keeping the boredom and sleep away.

Finally I dropped Janet off at South Western Medical Center, where I bid bye to her. I came back home, and cooked. I am feeling very tired, and hence, going to bed early.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go Gopla .. you fixed a car! i should call you if i ever have a rpobelm i guess ... shomik

11:38 AM  
Blogger dhiraj said...

it's Dhiraj re..not dhEEraj...kitne baar bolu..dammit !!!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home