Saturday, November 27, 2004

Masters Degree - The Last Class

Today it was my Last class while pursuing my Masters Degree in Computer Science. As I had said earlier, I am just days away from fulfilling mine and my parents dream, and most importantly, fulfilling the promise given to one person. A long cherished dream is coming true.

The class started with our presentation on "Synchronization on Distributed Systems". Aditya Raina started the presentation, and explained the basics to the class. I followed him, explaining about Mutual exclusion. Next to come was Chintan, followed by Purvesh, who also concluded the presentation.

When I first gave my presentation, days after i started my MS course, I was really shaking, and LOTS of butterflys running on my stomach, when asked to face the crowd. But, today, it was different. Today, the same crowd act as a driving force for my presentatoin. And as I was sitting there facing the class, I realized that 2 years of sternous MS course had not only given me more knowledge, but had helped me become a better person.

Because of MS, I today know, how to be independent. Today, I realize the immense efforts behind those thigns that my parents did for me, which many a times, I dismissed as trivial things. Today, I realize what love and care is. I know how to distinquish good from bad, realize people when they start talking to me. Mother nature has blessed each human with all these abilities. But, the fact is that, these abilities remain dormant until the need comes.

Before coming to US, I was protected by my parents. While I was sleeping, my parents went to the market to get provisions, so that me and my brother wont be hungry. I still remember mornings, when I quarreled with my mother saying that the break fast was the same all the time, even though that was not true. I remember spending lots of time with my friends, but less time with my parents and relatives. The school days flashed before me, as I took my final class towards a new world, where my father would come and pick me and my brother from school. We would come back home sitting on his Bajaj scooter. I considered going on a bus the extreme measure, as my parents made it a point to give the comforts of ride right from childhood. The day when I got my bike - I am sure my parents rejoiced seeing the twinkle in my eyes, but I failed to see the twinkle that came in their eyes.

And when I think about it... I just realized that for my parents, my brother and myself, this date is just the begining. There is a lot more to go. The dream... has just begun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vijaychandran Veerachandran said...

Hello Gopal

Great reading , I am really happy for ur dream come true.. Wish ur further dreams also come true as fast as possible..

Vijaychanran

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home