Saturday, December 11, 2004

The Graduation Day!!!!

A day long awaited... a day every graduate student dreams of... the graduation day. Today, Dec 11th, was my Graduation Day. Finally, I am an MS holder. My Kunjamma and Chittappan came all the way from Lubbock for the event, and my Ammai and Ammavan were also there for the event.

Afternoon, my Kunjamma and chittappan reached Dallas. We had lunch at the Big Mc, and I proceeded to get ready for my Graduation ceremony, while my Kunjamma and Chittappan proceeded to the university to see the university.

At 4:30, me, Purvesh, Ashish and Mitesh reached Mc Farlin Auditorium where the fuction was to happen. Each step to the auditorium was building the excitement and happiness in our minds. People cheering us, on the way to the auditorium gave us a taste of what it means to be a graduate student. Finally, I reached the auditorium, where I was greeted with cheerful and smiling faces of other people who were to graduate with me. The air had an amazing positive energy.

We all were then seated in the auditorium, as the president explained about the responsibilities of graduate students, and more importantly, when we all were given the final task from our university - "To Make this world a better place". A task that would take us our whole life. A task we knew is coming the day we entered the university. A task, long awaited to be taken up. A task for which many people have done a number of sacrifices. A task for which, the university had been training us for the past 2 years.

And, when I walked onto the stage with head held high, to take the degree folder from Dr James Dunham, Associate Dean of Engineering - thousands of eyes resting on me for that moment - I knew that that moment is going to be my turning point in life. That moment gave my parents, my brothers, my relatives, and my friends a new reason to be proud of me :).

That day evening, I went for dinner at my Ammai's place, where there was a surprise waiting for me. A Graduation Cake!!!. It came totally as a surprise. The first person who I should give the cake was my professor, Suku Sir. From the day I joined my university, he was there for me, caring about me, guiding me, and encouraging me all the time. He guided me through the bed of thorns to reach this rose today.

Finally, the day came to an end, as I was slipping off to sleep, with the reassurance that my grandparents, and god are looking after me, from high up there!!!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home